In deciding where you would like your child to go to school, it is really important to find out as much as you can about the schools themselves. We hold open mornings in October and November for parents of children due to start in Reception the following September.
We are also very happy for parents to make specific appointments to visit the school at any point during the academic year and we would ask you to arrange this with the office.
Our published admission number for the academic year 23/24 is 15
If the school is over-subscribed, the governing body will apply the following criteria in the following order. Before the application of oversubscription criteria, children with a statement of special educational need which names the school will be admitted. As a result of this, the published admissions number may be reduced accordingly:-
- 1. Children in Local Authority Care or adopted from care.
- 2. Children with siblings attending the school at time of application.
- 3. Children who live within a one mile radius of the school.
- Closing Date – The closing date for applications for admissions and the offering of places will be in line with that of the Local Authority. Parents and guardians should note that gaining a place is not dependent on how early the application was made.
- Waiting List – Children not offered a place would be put in order on the waiting list in accordance with the admissions criteria, not on a first come first served basis.
- Notification of Decision – The Local Authority will inform parents and guardians whether a child has gained a place at this school.
- Right of Appeal – If the child has not gained a place at the school and the parents or guardians wish to appeal against that decision, they should first contact the headteacher who will tell them how to proceed.
- Statutory School Age / Deferred Entry – The statutory age at which a child must start school is the beginning of the term after which they become five. However, a place will be provided for children in the September following their fourth birthday. Parents of children who are offered a place at the school before they are of statutory school age, may defer their child’s entry until later in the school year. When entry is deferred, a place will be held for that child, but must be taken up at the beginning of the term after which the child reaches statutory school age. However, the place cannot be held beyond the academic year for which the original application was accepted.
Full/Part Time basis - Parents of children aged four will be able to choose for their child to start school on a full or part time basis (after discussion of specific needs with the Head teacher), however children are required to attend full time in the term they become five.
In Year Admissions
- We recommend that parents considering moving a child to the school come and meet with our CEO or Head of School to discuss your needs and see the school.
- Once you have decided on bringing your child to us you would need to complete an 'In Year Casual Application' form. We will offer you a place within 5 days if we have all the information, have a place, your child meets the entry requirements and no other child has a higher priority.