Happy Easter Class 2! Well done for working so hard, you are all doing so well!
Over the Easter holidays you need to make the cake that you have designed. As you have the whole of the holidays, hopefully this will give you enough time to get he ingredients and perfect your cake.
Once you have made your cakes, please take photos of them and then evaluate them. Once I have cooked mine, I will show you what this needs to look like in your reflective journal. I will post pictures here.
Don't forget that your first challenge was to get really good at something, you could use the Easter break to become an expert!
If you have not yet sent me your information text, please can you do so by Tuesday 7th April so that I can create our class book.
Below I have put some suggested activity ideas for over the Easter break. There is no expectation for you to complete the tasks but they are here if you want to do some of them.
- Log on to TT rockstars and practise your times tables.
- Use hit the button or other Topmarks programmes to practise your mental maths (e.g. number bonds, doubles, more than/less than)
- Complete the spring maths activity booklets.
- Write a story based on the pictures that I have attached in a powerpoint below. Can you use accurate spelling and punctuation?
- Write an information text based on something other than animals. Is there something else that you are interested in?
- Year 2 - go through the English revision morning starter powerpoint
- Year 1 and year 2 complete the spring English activity booklets.
- Reading: Visit https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/storybooks-and-games/ for books and games.
Maths, Science & DT:
- Explore the National Geographic website for kids.
- Try some of the activities listed below.
I just want to reiterate these are not compulsory, feel free to dip in and out of them if you want to and you can send me pictures of all the fun things you get up to. If you need any help or support, please do email me.