Thursday 23rd April
Before we start today, please take a look at our celebration page. You have all blown me away with the start of your poems, I found it hard to just choose a few to go on there. So really really well done. Our finished poems are going to be fantastic!
As always feel free to email me at: email@example.com
|9.30-10.30||English (2020 challenge)|
|1.15- 1.45||Choosing time|
|2-3||Art (2020 challenge)|
Anyone doing the 100 lap challenge? I would love to hear from you. I am now on 4 laps, how are you doing?
L.O. To write effective similes and metaphors describing a stimulus.
SC1. I can write at least 5 similes to describe an aspects of spring
SC2. I can write at least 5 metaphors to describe an aspect of spring
Please watch the video and follow the instructions
1) Reflect on your poem so far
- which is your best stanza and why?
-which is your least favourite stanza, what could you do to improve it?
2) Come up with at least 10 similes and metaphors (5 of each) to describe the view from your window.
L.O. I can convert between decimals and fractions.
SC. I can confidently convert between decimals and fractions without the pictorial representations.
No video for today, we are consolidating our skills so far. Have a go at the sheet attached. Once you are done, mark it and self reflect on how you did. If you finish early, there are some activities on MyMaths you can also have a go at.
Please choose from one of the following activities
- Finish a piece of work you did not get the time to complete (not your poems).
- Start your art early, so you can spend more time on it.
- Spend time doing your chosen activity that you are becoming an expert at.
Today we are going to start drawing the view from our windows. Please watch the video first and then spend sometime doing your initial sketch. I suggest if you are using A4, you turn your paper landscape.