Tuesday 2nd June
What a great start on our new 2020 Challenge yesterday!
Keep up the good work
How did your short distance running go. We looked at lots of different tips such as, starting position, arm movement and breath to help us go faster. Try changing some of these today and see if they make any difference.
L.O. To form expressions algebraically
SC1. I can write simple one and two step functions using algebraic expressions.
SC2. I know how to write multiplication with algebra conventions.
SC3. I can substitute algebraic expressions with numbers.
Watch the video and the try the sheet attached.
We will be writing scripts for our plays this week; therefore, this weeks the comprehension task is based on a script. There is a Y6 and Y5 version, however if you are in Y5 and would like to challenge yourself please feel free to do the Y6 version.
L.O. To make a plan for my play
SC1. I can create a word bank to plan my characters and setting
SC2. I can use a planning format to plan the story line of my play
1) Make sure you have decided who your characters are and what the setting is for your play.
2) Create a word bank and name for each of your characters. Try to elevate your language to use the best word you know for each description.
3) Create a word bank for your setting. You will eventually be making this so be realistic.
4) Create a story map/story mountain planning out what will happen in your play
L.O. To make a prototype paper puppet
SC1. I can follow instructions to make a paper puppet
SC2. I can adapt instructions to create my own design
SC3. I can evaluate my outcome
1) Watch the video below and follow the instruction to make the 1st bunny paper puppet.
2) Adapt the instructions to create a 2nd paper puppet based on one of your characters. (If you are stuck watch the rest of the video to help you)
3) Write a couple of sentences to evaluate your design.
-How did you do?
-What went well?
-What would you do differently next time?